Starting version 1.6 RoutineBot can click on certain menu commands in tested application. The process is now automated to make it easy to find necessary menu name, address to it and click it.
The step-by-step it looks like:
- Run RoutineBot and go to the Tools > Menu Browser. As as result you will have a list of all menus avaliable in the system right now sorted by application.
- Find the menu you need and click OK.
- In your script will be added the code like this:
This code will click on “New” menu in running notepad.exe.
- The function will ExecuteMenuItem will work only with default system menues, if application use some custom designed menu, it will not work;
- The ExecuteMenuItem command addresses the menu by menu name and application name, so if there are more than two applications with the same .exe name are running, then RoutineBot will execute action for the first application only